#IranOpenAlbum is an administered Flickr photo database intended to provide international journalists and editors in the licensed access to a wider range of images of Iran. We hope Iranian and international professional and amateur photographers will contribute a few photos to this open album. Access to the database will be made available to journalists and editors at reputable international news agencies (as well as the general public) so that images can be downloaded and used to accompany written pieces and other reports under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. We believe photographers should be compensated for their work, but #IranOpenAlbum is an interim solution while Iran remains underserved by photo agencies. We hope this collaborative effort will allow journalists and editors to represent Iran more accurately and dynamically as part of their reporting.
- Submissions must be made by email to email@example.com
- Only the owner of the photo may submit it to the administrator
- Photos must be high quality, high-resolution.
- Desired photos include, but are not limited to, images that show Iranian people of significance, places of significance, events (such political rallies or sporting events), images of industry and the economy, images of daily life, and landscapes and wildlife images.
- By uploading the photo, the owner consents to its use in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license (CC BY 4.0). This allows anyone to:
- Share: copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt: remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- The terms of the license require attribution: The user must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. The user may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. The full terms of the license can be read here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode
- The administrator reserves the right to decline to upload or remove any photos, which are too low quality for editorial use, or of a subject matter of little journalistic value.
- The administrator reserves the right to decline to upload or remove any photos, which are deemed inappropriate due to the graphic nature or political message.
- When submitting a photo, please include the following information in English in the body of the email to make the image searchable:
- Photographer’s Name
- Subject of Photo (in a few words)
- Location of Photo
- Date Taken
If you have any questions, please contact the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.